It will take time for everyone to get used to these new procedures and extra time to give everyone their space, to get set up, seated, and to exit the service. Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Thank you for being mindful, gracious & patient with each other
- Please reserve your spot for Sunday by contacting the church office via phone or email. This will allow us to stay within our maximum capacity. (including volunteers, congregants, visitors) The cry room will be available first for families with young children, then for another family/couple/individual who may be more vulnerable.
- Please be prepared to maintain your physical distance from those outside of your household & to wear PPE that covers your mouth and nose upon entry/exit & for the duration of the service. (such as face mask, shield, or other)
*We understand that there are exemptions that preclude individuals from wearing PPE on their face* We respect your situation & your privacy. If you arrive without PPE, we will assume that you have an exemption & you will not be questioned on this personal matter
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP:
While maintaining 6 ft. (2 m) physical distance
- The Front Door of the building is a one-way enter-only door.
- When you arrive, please line up behind lines marked along the covered pathway.
- Take time to read, the sandwich boards. Please do not enter if you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed or have been outside the country in the last 14 days
- Please wait at the front door for an usher to direct you. Please sanitize your hands. (or if you prefer, you may use the washroom after entering to wash your hands)
Before you entering please put on your PPE
- When you enter, an usher will be waiting to take your attendance. Please wait for the next usher to welcome you into the sanctuary. *offerings can be left here*
- An usher will be ready to direct you to a pew number. (starting with pew #1 & working backwards) There will be X’s to mark where to sit in that pew. Please sit on the X that is closest to the wall first.
- Music is an important part of our worship service and there will be a music team leading us behind plexiglass. You are invited to sing with us as we worship if you wish. *If you are unable to wear PPE due to an exemption, we invite you to hum along to the music rather than sing*
- If you need to exit the building during the service, please exit at the front of the sanctuary using the one-way emergency exit on the right.
- We recommend using the washroom before or after the service when physical distancing can be maintained. If you need to use the washroom during the service, please use the doors at the rear of the Sanctuary where you originally entered to both exit & re-enter during the service. *Please sanitize hand touch points after washing your hands– sanitizer spray & cloth available*
- When the service is finished, please remain in your seat until an usher directs you to leave via the one-way emergency exit at the front of the sanctuary on the right, pew by pew. *offerings can be left here*
- Take your bulletin with you to limit contact & so that you can continue to reflect on the readings, sermon notes and service.
- If you would like to stay after the service (for prayer with an elder or are part of post-service clean up etc.) please remain seated until the rest of the congregation has left.
Important: If you begin to feel ill during the service, please excuse yourself immediately & exit via the one-way emergency exit at the front of the sanctuary (or other closer exit), using hand sanitizer on your way out. Consult the BC COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool or call 811 for guidance.
In the event of an emergency, these earthquake and fire safety procedures take priority over all of the COVID-19 measures that have been implemented.
- Remain calm.
- Drop & Shelter in place, getting under something substantial if possible. (eg. In the Sanctuary, getting down beside a pew.
- Remain calm.
- Move quickly and orderly to the nearest safe exit (which might be behind you) and helping anyone else who needs it along the way.
- Once outside, gather at the ‘muster point’ which is around the back of the shed (the side with the white welcome sign) so that you can be accounted for before you leave.
- Check that everyone in your immediate area is out safely.